1 1/4 c Firmly-packed brown sugar
3/4 c Golden crisco shortening
2 tb Milk
1 tb Vanilla
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
1 ts Salt
3/4 ts Baking soda
1 1/2 c Pastel-coloured candy coated chocolate pieces
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C). Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
3. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in candy-coated pieces or vanilla chips.
4. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough 3 inches (7 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.